InternshipsApplied Scientist Intern, Machine Learning, Amazon LLC.
Seattle, WA, Summer 2021.
- Proposed an algorithm to reconstruct complete and precise 3D models for the product only using multiple image captures from the fulfillment center.
- Designed and implemented the algorithm with deep networks for object extraction and optimization for 3D fusion. The final reconstructed model has 4X higher resolution compared with the current 3D scanner results.
San Jose, CA, Summer 2020.
- Worked on the deep learning solution for 3D topology optimization as a machine learning Ph.D. intern.
- Proposed a algorithm to generate attention masks for a deep learning framework design for end-to-end learning of the 3D topology optimization. The modified model achieved 20% improvement in terms of prediction error.
- Designed and tested a series of loss functions targeting at enhancing the model in thin member size and symmetric constraints.
- Teaching Assistant for Computer-aided Design (24-681), CMU, 2021 spring.
- Teaching Assistant for Dynamic Systems and Controls (24-352), CMU, 2020 fall.
- Course Assistant for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Engineering Design (24-787), CMU, 2016 fall.
- Teaching Assistant for Introduction to CAD & CAE Tools (24-688), CMU, 2016 fall and 2017 spring.
- Best Poster and Milton Shaw PhD Student Travel Award in Graduate Research Symposium, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2018.
- National Scholarship (top 1%) by Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China, 2014.